This is something I wrote two years ago, but recently it seems appropriate.
They said he was gone for good,
I thought I'd never see him again,
I thought that I would be OK
I thought that I was over him.
My life was running right on track,
I was coming out on top,
Then I got that phone call,
And in an instant my world stopped.
He came back without a warning,
He came back without an explanation of why he left.
He broke his own promise,
and brought back all the pain,
Because I had everything to lose,
and he had everything to gain.
When he left me again without a goodbye,
he promised that time was the last.
I hoped I'd never hear from him,
and could put the memories in my past,
but he came back again.
Now my world is spinning backwards
because God knows how much I missed him,
And I dont know why I keep running back
when I know how the story ends.
I would have been fine if I had never met him,
I would be happier and never alone,
Better times could have been,
but he came back again.
He came back without a warning,
He came back without an explanation of why he left.
He broke his own promise
and he brought back all the pain,
because I had everything to lose,
and he came back again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment